Ideal for as a lapel microphone or for binaural recording, the X-X omnidirectional lapel microphone is available in a full range of terminations from its 2m lead. Custom length leads available on request; please inquire for pricing.
The stereo versions of the X-X omnidirectional lapel microphone are supplied with matched capsules; mono versions may be ordered as matched pairs. Stereo versions may be supplied with the leads joined together; please specify the length of the cable split at the capsule end.
The X-X offers two capsule options:
- standard capsule with 22dBA self-noise and 132dBSPL maximum sound pressure;
- low-noise capsule with 19dBA self-noise and 118dBSPL maximum sound pressure.
The capsules are distinguished with the metal finish on the capsule flange; gold for low-noise, chrome for standard.
The X-X is available in black or white. The X-X may also be color-coded with matching rings on the XLR connector and heatshrink at the capsule to distinguish between multiple X-X microphones. Select from white (standard for white microphones), black (standard for black microphones), red, green, yellow, or blue. Include requests for color-coding in order comments.
X-X microphone 3.5mm miniplug wiring configuration:
- PC microphone (Soundblaster® compatible): tip = signal; ring = power (+3-10V); sleeve = ground.
- Mono plug-in power (“PIP”): tip & ring = signal + power (+3-10V across 3-10kΩ); sleeve = ground.
- Sennheiser® compatible: tip = signal + power (+3-10V across 3-10kΩ); ring & sleeve = ground.
- Stereo PIP miniplug: tip = left signal + power (black or white heatshrink); ring = right signal + power (red heatshrink); sleeve = ground.
X-X v2 microphone specification:
Type: 6mm omnidirectional electret condenser microphone
Phantom Power (XLR): +9V to +48V
Bias Power (all other terminations): +3V to +10V
Current (XLR): 1.2mA
Current (other): 0.3mA
Output Impedance (XLR): 150Ω
Output Impedance (other): 3kΩ
Recommended Input Impedance (XLR): 1.5kΩ or higher
Recommended Input Impedance (other): 3kΩ-10kΩ
Sensitivity, standard capsule, 1kHz @ 94dBSPL (XLR): -32dBV/Pa
Sensitivity, low-noise capsule, 1kHz @ 94dBSPL (XLR): -28dBV/Pa
Maximum Level, low-noise capsule, 1kHz @ 1% THD: 118dBSPL
Maximum Level, standard capsule, 1kHz @ 1% THD: 132dBSPL
Self-Noise, standard capsule: 22dBA
Self-Noise, low-noise capsule: 19dBA
Total Harmonic Distortion, 1kHz @ 94dBSPL: 0.1% typical
Frequency Response (-3dB): 20Hz to 20kHz
Polar Response, 180°: -3dB @ 12kHz
Weight (XLR): 42g (1.4oz)
Dimensions (XLR): 70mm x 19mmø (2 3/4″ x 3/4″ø)
Dimensions (capsule): 25mm x 9mmø (1″ x 3/8″ø)
Cable Length: 2m (6′ 6″)
X-X v1 microphone specification (2016 and earlier):
Sensitivity, 1kHz @ 94dBSPL (XLR): -30dBV/Pa
Maximum Level, 1kHz @ 1% THD: 126dBSPL