Here’s a teaser photo–new X-Y series with options for 2D stereo and 2D or 3D surround, with fixed or interchangeable capsule heads! Use any X-R capsule (including a new shorty cardioid capsule pictured) with any head, for the first four-channel microphone system that can support any stereo, dual pair stereo, or surround configuration desired!
– new two to four-channel X-Y, with the same feature set as the IPAv2 and interchangeable capsule heads.
– new options for the X-R amplifier body; two or four channels, with fixed capsule head (this will be the standard length X-R body, not the short version pictured)
– two channel stereo, 120 degrees.
– three channel left-center-right, or mid-side (with decoding in amplifier), 90 degrees.
– four channel 2D surround, 90 degrees.
– four channel 3D surround (ambisonic), 120 degrees.
Due to launch in September . . . so stay tuned!
But wait, there’s more!
In the works for the end of the year–a USB interface with onboard DSP, in three available configurations:
– as an add-in for the new four-channel X-Y, using USB or internal battery power.
– as a USB interface with XLR-3-F or XLR-5-F input, supplying 16V phantom to any Naiant microphone (or other brand supported by 16V phantom).
– as a dedicated USB-only output X-Y amplifier.
Feature set to include:
– DSP filters, mixers, volume control, limiter, plus analog gain control, to create any imaginable two-channel output to USB (or analog) from four-channel input.
– 110dBA dynamic range for four channel input (more for stereo and mono)
– control by Windows or Android application with offline capability–connect to set DSP, then disconnect to run on internal battery to analog output!
The four-channel X-Yv2 is about to drop, available for order on November 1! Yes, it’s taken longer than I had planned, because there are a lot of pieces to this new system!
The USB interface is in prototype stage, but won’t be ready until Q2 of 2020, at the earliest. I have a new concept for an analog amplifier with several selectable encoding and decoding matrices for surround and stereo formats, that is planned for Q1!
Andrew Caldwell: 4
James David Lawrence: 1
Robert Garthe: 1
Lucas Van Lenten
Guest Posters: 0
Most Users Ever Online: 13
Currently Browsing this Page: